Martin Luther King Jr. Day!



Yeah, coming back here after winter break isn't comes easy immediately. In the first month, there is still many assignment and work that I need to do. However, today there is no classes because of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration. There are multiple workshops that they school organized for students to understand why the US-American people celebrate this man. I went to Alfonso's workshop about MLK's Biography and his legacy after his death which still remains in US-American society strongly. It was a really interesting story which I know a lot more about MLK now. 

MLK's legacy revolves around slavery and advocates freedom of the black people in the United States at that time till now. It also addresses the huge gap in social equality between white people and black people. Alfonso did a great job outlining the history, main point, effect, and impact on today's society. It doesn't really speak to me as a broader topic but I am able to practice my sympathy while listening to the presentation. 

Oh! I also performed for the MLK Cafe as part of the African Chorus!

Here is a picture I took during the day when I and one of my friends went on a hike at Sebastian Canyon. It was really my first time going on a hike around campus with someone. It was pretty fun and I am thankful for him to introduce and encourage me to hike around campus.

Komentar

Postingan Populer