in need of medicine to heal my soul...

Buenos Para Todos Trip!









Let me officially introduce one of my support systems while being away from home. Buenos Para Todos is one of the extracurricular (exed) in UWC which its name comes from the Spanish language mean Good for All. This exed focus on improving or managing agriculture but there's much more to that. At least in my personal experience, I was being taught of the indigenous tribe here, respecting our scarce resources such as water, being a woman in society since the participant and adult in this exed is all badass women who are very proud of what they do and believe. Inspiring Women in the picture really are my family here. Every conversation or just heartfelt discussion that we had always leave me with a thought of gratitude by knowing them. 

All my concerns, problems, conflicts, and anxiety magically disappear when I spend time with them. They provide this naturally comfortable space for people to share their stories. Despite all the different belief systems that we adopt, we got very close to each other. I can't express my feelings fully but the support that they have always given me is unmeasurable. I am grateful for their presence in my life. 

Specifically for this post, I wanted to share my story with you, Algos. The third semester or first semester in my second year was the hardest point of my UWC life, more desperate and challenging than my first semester here. Problems from academic pressure up to relationship issues have put me in a very risky and unstable state. I need to take time off from campus and really taking care of myself at this point. Fortunately, I am lucky enough to have a place to go to and this week I decided to go back to my shelter and medicine which is BPT. 

During this weekend trip, I got to talk with many first-year and revisit my mission and goals for the year. When school gets super overwhelming, I tend to forget and neglect my true reason why I came here. This exed helps me going through hards times at the campus. They heal my soul in a way that no one could explain, it is naturally being done by their treatment or interactions with me. The vibe and attention they give me help to recover my pain and hurt. 

I couldn't be more grateful than ever to have them by my side.  

Komentar

Postingan Populer