What do you want to be?

Future?


yo peeps. This is my second post after I got back from winter break. and yo I'm trying my best here keep updating every week regularly. and also I'm planning to upload a youtube video on my channel once every two weeks. I mean yeah nothing special, I'm just giving y'all a heads up about what I'm planning to do this year before the actual thing I wanna discuss today.  

Today in ESS class Ben (my teacher) talk about how climate change happens, what the reason behind it, how the earth is changing every year, and also other stuff abou  t how important our earth to us. He always said a little wise word in between his explanation. This is why I respect him so much because he's just amazing. I mean the way he talked look like he knows what he's doing and he's confident about what he's gonna say (unlike me)

But yeah people, things he said that stuck in my mind is 
"i don't care about your future job, whatever the heck thing you're gonna do tomorrow, what you're going to give in this world, and your role in this world. One thing that you need to keep in my is, this earth needs attention. No matter what, You should and must care about your environment to be grateful and thankful so the next generation could enjoy it as well."
Right at that moment thought just came to my mind about what I'm going to do after UWC here. I mean yeah I always think about college and what I want to do in the future, but Ben's wise word just slap me right in the face. I feel the necessity to think about this seriously and start finding my path for career or even just what I want to do in the future. what is the thing that I really want to keep doing years after this. this is such a cliche question that all young generation or high schoolers facing right now. but again, the more you think about it, the more it gets hard and just make you feel more miserable about yourself.

why? because this is actually a stupid question that has been planted inside every student's mind and also the society point of view made it such an important matter that everyone should know the answer right away. But it's not that easy. This isn't a simple question. I'm just getting tired with people thinking about this all over and over again to the point where this matter just starting to eat your brain, emotion, mind slowly. I'm not saying that I didn't think about it at all, but it's just I started to realize how unhealthy this 'simple' question for all the students out there including me.

okay here's why I said this thing is so unhealthy. When the first asked this question, they'll think about themselves and starting to wondering what kind of person they are. what kind of skill they have and what aspect inside themselves that they can show it to other people and slowly answered this question. I mean if it went good, there's definitely no problem. But I find it lots of students getting stressed as an outcome from all the thought inside their brain.

As an example, after all those thoughts come across people's mind, they're starting to work on it. Sometimes they even overthink when things didn't go they way they want it to be. Of course, I'm not saying this and make a generalization for all students, but I want to highlight the fact that yeah that kind of person exists here. it makes them feel that they have no idea what they want to study, and lead to a thought that they don't have a specific skill they can brag about, lead to they being insecure about themselves and started to compare themselves to others. this is where I found it sucks.

Please don't compare yourself to other. don't be so hard to yourself. everyone has their own time zone. this unhealthy feeling is hard to explain and overcome. so Algos, please please please love yourself more. adore yourself as much as you adore your idol. only you know how hard you've tried. if you looked back and you haven't success yet, think about your effort. if you haven't tried your best, tried more. Don't be discourage and just give up. so my final point is, this question is just a useless question that has been made society to measure how successful they're which is just dumb. So just do your best, love yourself, just think about yourself!

cause you know what? you matters. 

Komentar

Postingan Populer