First Friday Prayer

Hello People!
Back again with another episode of uwc-usa lmao
But yeah as you guys might know
I'm planning to post weekly in this blog
Starting in 2019!!
Hopefully it went smooth
but yeah let's jump right to the story 

friday is truly a holy day


Here's how the story start. Eyad and Intesar has always consistently sending all the muslim students that there's gonna be a friday prayer together. Eyad always asked me if I want to pray together but I said that it'd be great but it's not mandatory for women to pray together. So I never actually pray together with them and other muslim students here for friday prayer since i came here.

But today Friday, January 11th 2019. I was on my way to my room to pray Dhuhur after lunch. But then I passed by the room where they usually pray and I made eye contact with Eyad. So I can't just passed away and pretend like I did not see him, so I came just to say hi. But then he asked me 
"hey Rara, do you want to pray with us today?"
"hmm i'm actually on my way to my room to pray"
"why don't you just pray here together?"
"hmm.. *thinking for 10s* yeah okay then"
So at first I'm not planning to pray together, it was because I made eye contact and I felt bad. But yeah afterwards it felt so good. I heard Adzan for the first time after I came here. It just so soothing in my ear. I felt so calm and blessed. All the good things pooped out when I heard it. all my anxiety, insecurity, concern, and the heavy thought that i had at the moment just vanished in the air. Especially it was snowing outside. As you guys might notice, I love snow. So it was such a good atmosphere and there's just this feeling that makes you happy and you can't even explain how its happen. 

I would not lie, back home Adzan its just a common things happens, so I'm kinda take it for granted. Its just another Adzan, nothing special you'll hear it 5 times a day anyway. But today I realize how grateful I am to hear Adzan. And the sound itself become more and more beautiful as you hear it. And also Khutbah before the actual friday prayer makes my mind became positive and just neutral again. all the bad thought of mine just became mild. I'm thinking back about all the things happen in my life and just wanna say Thank you to Allah because i felt so grateful. 

Islam is beautiful. It is such a magnificent things that has happen to me. I'm so lucky to born with a parents that has a strong believe in Islam. Maybe when I was you I'm just doing it because parents told me so, but as time goes by i realized it's not. It's just I find peace in this religion. Thank you Allah swt. 
  

Komentar

Postingan Populer