The Changemaker



Finally, I have found these Muslim women whom I can look up to in the future. Just a little bit of background information, I have been struggling to find inspirational figures abroad. Someone who shares the same values as me, can inspire me to keep being productive, have life lessons to offers to, and just simple awesome people who has achieved something wonderful on their life. In fact, having to life abroad for two years have changed my habit in terms of receiving information. I got more comfortable and used to hearing news in English. Watching movies in English, expressing my feelings and thoughts in English, or even when I am upset, I ran and curse in English. This phenomenon could be seen in many ways, but I want to highlight one thing. If this is what happen to me, I need to start find specifically inspiration, motivational speech, and just more content of information in the lenses of Islam.

In life, I have been looked upon different variety of inspiring figures. With no doubt, the Prophet Muhamad SWT. of course, known in my brain as the number one man in this world. Since I was young, I have been told how great of a person he is through his attitudes, life events, thoughts, even the lessons that I learned from his mistakes. Everything about him has shaped majority of my time till now. However, in today society, I find it more relatable to look upon figures that has the good deeds mentality but also able to shares some wisdom to me. This include anyone influential through any media they have. The first one is obvious BTS with their positive message through their music (even though I didn’t completely agree on the whole idea of K-POP itself). The second one is Gitasav as someone who I could say I relate the most. Many of her ideas are thought-provoking and I feel like her story is similar to mine in terms of being an Indonesian and Hijabi in a western world. There are also many people in which I couldn’t mention everyone. But they are all does not help me to get deeper on my understanding about Islam. They can’t really answer it from the perspective of Islam and even some of them are contradicting with my core value as a Muslim. So, I figured I need to balance out the input of information on my brain. I have not found anyone inspiring in my opinion who are able to answer my burning questions of these Harami world seen from Islam viewpoints until I found Dr. Rania and HH Hijab.

Early diclaimer: I may also not know a lot about them. I just found them recently, but I believe the resources and ideas from Dr. Rania could somehow helped me see the world from more of an in-depth perspective in Islam. I just knew she speaks very eleganty and very knowledgeable about Islam. I feel like I could just turn to her to express my doubts and got very satisfiying and calming answer from her. One of those questions are regarding the mental health issues that wasn’t really discussed enough in Muslim Community. Many of the arguments would be “You wouldn’t have any of those issues if you have Allah”. In fact, even in Qur’an it was mentioned about anxiety, doubts, and uncertainties. Dr. Rania has done wonderful job on researching about this from the perspective of Islam. In addition, she is a psychiatrist who mastered in Muslim Mental Health Issues.  Full or possibly better explanation is on the link above. So yeah, I guess I have found a perfect match for my problem!

Haute Hijab. Who doesn’t know that brand? On of the leading brand selling top qualities of Hijab and other Muslims wear. She absolutely is stunning, smart, and very talented person. Yup Melanie is the person behind this glamorious brand that based in New York City. I have this weird contemplation whenever I look at social media influencer whether that about makeup, lifestyle, workout, etc. I always feel like there’s something missing from them or something off about them compared to my values. I also felt I became more and more envy about their life. The not-so-good sickness comes from my heart started to crawl in: Jealousy, ungratefulness, Riya’, arrogant, showing off, etc. But when I checked Melanie’s account, my heart melts. The typical post on her account is about her business, tips on increasing productivity, and many more. During this Ramadhan especially, I could feel her influence of telling me to read more on Qur’an, really make the best out of Ramadhan this year, or just simply being grateful of what you have daily. Her vibes and messages have always positive and I could see it transfer from her belief in Islam. I wanted to be successful like her. Indeed, influence is always very powerful tool to make a change to others. I wonder when is the time for me to have that big of an influence over the people around me…

Courtesy to HH Hijab website for the picture used in this blog!


Komentar

Postingan Populer