HARDEST WEEK IN SO FAR

Thursday, Jan 31
DAVIS SCHOLARSHIP

The best thing is I got excused from class. Hahaha don’t even try guys, being in UWC taught me that one day excused from class is a HEAVEN. This weekend, campus is going to be so full. There’s going to be around 75 students from US National Committee. A couple student from UWC especially first year was asked to help welcome the students in the Airport and I’m one of them. It was fun because you got to see your future first year. Half of them are going to UWC-USA and the other will go to another UWC. I was happy because I got to work with my close friends in the airport.      

It was a long 2 hours drive. So, as soon as we arrived, there’s already a lot of student. It was around 20ish and we decided to send them with the first bus. There are going to be three bus and I’ll leave in the second bus. The interesting part is when we were waiting for the students in the airport while holding a sign that said “UWC Weekend Finalist Here”. Some of us also taking attendance with Melanie’s laptop. She is the head of Admission. I felt so powerful that day because everyone was looking at us and even there’s some people taking picture lol.

After having fun talking with the students while waiting for the others, we starting to load up to the second bus. I don’t know exactly how, but I just felt so happy at that time. I guess  finally after a long 3-4 months hiatus for my public speaking and leadership role, I got to practice it again and show it to people. I was like a leader there taking control and talk to people with confidence.

In campus itself was quite funny. Cafetaria was full and glad that a lot of student from UWC-USA talk to the weekend finalist. I met lots of cool people from around the state. I met Zebadaya, Aryan, Daniel, and others. It was a fun day-off and I enjoyed the feeling that brought me back to things that I love the most, leading people.          



Friday, Feb 1
LOST KEYCARD-BOTH OF MY DEBIT CARD
This on is stupid. I was going o Walmart with my new legging that has kind of shallow pocket in the side. And if you guys haven’t know yet, I don’t have wallet or purse. I don’t have place to put my card in. So I ended up just carry it and put it in my shallow pocket. Then after I got in castle to have dinner I just realize my card wasn’t in my pocket. I was panicking and I thought I lost it for 10 days. I didn’t look for it cuz I know it’d be somewhere in the bus falling in between the seat. So the next Friday, I went to the bus and I try to searched my card and yeah it was there! What a miracle, I love it.
  
VAGINA MONOLOGUE
Not quite a big fan of this event, but it was nice. So they have this weekend that are dedicated to woman called “Women’s Week”. The whole week was filled with activities to empowered woman. Starting from hike only for women, then Gym’s for women, the Vagina Monologue to inform and raise awareness that it is okay to talk about vagina and it’s not a dirty thing that should be addressed as “That thing, down there, or this“ It was pretty cool but I just don’t like the Vagina Monologue. It was too vulgar and open like there’s no limit to talk about it. But again, this is America a free country. Freedom to speak really do implemented in this campus. I was quite uncomfortable with the topis. It’s just doesn’t fit with my culture, akidah, my belief, so it was quite hard to be open minded about these topics. But once again, I learned a lot.

Saturday, Feb 2
RADIO
THIS ONE IS LIT! If you just read this post and have no idea what kind of person I am. I LOVE RADIO. I LOVE BROADCASTING. I LOVE TALKING TO PEOPLE. Ugh y’all can’t imagine how happy I am with this opportunity. I love it so much much much. I miss being an MC, News Anchor, and especially RADIO ANNOUNCER. Okay I’m getting to hype right now, but just so you know y’all that is how much I love doing this kind of stuff.
            In the show itself, we talked about our community event. Oh, I went here because one of my ExEd called The SPOT. In this ExEd we’re basically arrange an event to be engage with the community and just help the community to have fun. I love this exed. Anyway, we’re just trying to like promote this coming event to the community through a radio show, It was a pleasing experience.





YULE BALL
            THE DAY IS HERE! One of the best day of my UWC-Experience. I was so so so happy in Yule Ball.  I got my date about a week ago. Sunao asked me, and I got to be close with one of my bestie here, Sara. There are to many stories to explain here but one thing y’all gotta know, this event is the best event on my life. Lots of good talk, amazing photos, nice partner, lit group date, and met my new bestfriend. I’m not gonna explain a lot so I’ll just put up some photos : 







Sunday, Feb 3 
LETS BE BOLD, LETS GO BALD 
          Honestly, I did not help anything for this event. I didn’t help to organize it, I was just part of this project for the video. I was more like documenting the event rather than planning it with my peers. So, I won’t say this is “MY” project. I even broke my promise when I said I’ll make a video. It happen not because I was lazy to edit it, it was because I broke my laptop screen as I said here, It takes almost a months to have my laptop back and once I got it back, I accidently delete my editing app which my brother installed it for me before I came to UWC. And now I have no idea how to re-instaled it again. That’s basically the reason why I broke my new year resolution ;(






Komentar

Postingan Populer