MIND - Last Cultural Days of the Year!


The S(Hero) Behind the Curtain

This is one of the best night I've had in UWC! as MIND is our last cultural days this year, I got the honor to lead this show with my co-year, Srinidhi. This ExEd has a special place in my heart. I've chosen this ExEd and promise to commit as part of them in the very first semester in my first year and I'm the ONLY first year at that time. Also, I'm hoping if it's possible, I'd love to become a leader in my second year. So, I've been in Tech Stage the longest out of other firsties. I'm just happy I decided to choose this exed before.

To give a bit of context about Tech Stage, this ExEd requires a lot of commitment and time outside of the official time said in the form. Their job is basically handling EVERYTHING that happens behind the curtain WHENEVER we have event, performance, or cultural days in Auditorium. We open-close the curtain, put on-off the props, take in-out the cyc, and have the order of the event that is happening and makes sure it all went well and smooth for the sake of the audiences. 

If y'all asked my reason for doing and commit to this exed is because I love having a fixed position in my community that is related to my interest, passion, and skills. You may have known that I used to be the Vice President of the Student Council in my previous high school, but now I can see myself more to explore and improve my leadership skills in Tech Stage.

Going back to MIND. It has never been easy at first. After going back from project week, we have 4 days of rehearsal before the actual show which means we're gonna be busy the whole week right after project week. The first rehearsal was trash. I mean it's not only MIND, but it also happens on NAD and CLAD. But yeah, It's fine I get it that's their first rehearsal and a lot of skits need a change and improvement.

But things are not getting better and still quite a mess in their last rehearsal which is Thursday and their event will be on Saturday. They made a lot of last minute changes. I am fine with that at first, but it gets more intense and reaches a point where I couldn't stand it anymore and these people need to get their shit together. So, it's kinda a bit annoying and we need to have ADDITIONAL rehearsal on Saturday in the morning. But it was all worth it in the end and the show was just incredible! of course with no mistake from me and Srinidhi ;) 

Oh yeah, before a cultural day, we'll be meeting an hour before to have a ritual which we're gonna eat dinner together and the leader of the show will make a treat for the other Tech Stage members. This time, I and Srinidhi give them 2 Pizza and a full tray of Slutty Brownies. We also prepared a rap song that will be TechStage theme song starting from now lol. You can see the rap in the video below.


Overall, MIND was lit! and I'm excited for HOLI!

Komentar

Postingan Populer