My Birthday?????














PRE-BIRTHDAY






How should I put it,, extremely happy?? is there a better word for that? I have a much more healthy relationship with the people I am close to this semester. I really am grateful for my roommate this year, Aida Eva Tsegerada Worku. She is literally the main reason I was super happy this whole year. The joy that she brought with her into the room and outside the room help me heal my dim light from last year. Her beautiful and genuine self never fails to make me feel proud and lucky to be on her side. She has a special way to make people feel accepted and admits their flaws as part of themselves. The scars left from last year was easily healed because of her smile. Yes, she is a bandaid to me. She is takoyaki as well because she always warms my heart whenever she shares stories with me LOL HAHAHAHA 

Okay, this post isn't supposed to be an appreciation post for her lol, so let me continue with my story. Around 11 pm on Friday, Feb 21, we were making Takoyaki (my favs Japanese Dish) together with Aida, Slawek, and Keita. Kinda feel bad because I make Keita bring Takoyaki special pan all the way from Japan which apparently he also gets all the legit local ingredients for Takopa. It was a lovely night and I got my first birthday song after midnight from them. Thank you, thank you, and thank you. 

The next morning, I start the day with the Annual Conference. I was a student speaker for the morning plenary in the auditorium. I talked about Indonesia's current situation in terms of environment, green technology, and climate change. Talking in front of almost 300 people by myself give me shivers. I was a bit nervous but I did alright and I got a bit of surprise from Naomi that asked everyone to sing me a happy birthday. It was very lovely of her. Throughout the day I got countless birthday wishes from many people. They also congratulate me on my speech and effort in leading working groups during the Annual Conference. This is why I already feeling good even without a birthday party. 

After the closing of the Annual Conference, I and Aida planning to go to town as she wanted to treat me in a restaurant for my birthday and our 6 months anniversary. It was the best best best date I've ever had. Our first time eats outside just by the two of us. I got to know her a little bit better and there has not a single moment where I feel awkward or the need to find conversation topics. Everything just flows very naturally and smoothly whenever I am with her. 

Of course, after that, coming back to campus I got the "surprise" party from other friends. Even before the party, many people stop by and give me a gift for my birthday. Davin and Devin cook Nasi Goreng for the party, Jow's fam buys a unicorn cupcake from Walmart for the party, Roxanne cook Caramel Crepes from scratch, Shir bakes me delicious dark chocolate cookies, and my twin birthday sister, Selma gives me Praline, chocolate from Belgium that she got from back home. It was very nice of all of them. Oh, I almost forget one thing! I got the traditional seewed soup from Fiona, that really makes me feel so Korean omg. I should talk about how I am more Korean than Indonesian sometimes omg. 

I am grateful for Gaem to write me a beautiful letter and a sketch of my portrait. I am grateful for Aida to be the bestest soulmate possible ever. I am grateful for having a sister on this campus that cares about me and able to listen to all my rants, Anika. I am grateful for my dongsaeng, Fiona who always smiles and helps me to be more Korean. I am grateful for Shir who always being cringy and playful around me or even have a deep conversation. I am grateful for my relationship with the other Jow's fam; Tei and Yien for keeping me alive till now.  I am grateful for my friends and family who wish me happy birthday from far. I am grateful for everyone who were in the party and makes me feel special despite all my flaws. Y'all rocks and I couldn't ask for more. It is enough. the abundance of love is overwhelming which give me pressure to give it back to them one day. 

Komentar

Postingan Populer