Mohja Kahf

Oppression

we need to start to understand
that is individual identitiy is much more than how we categorized
with a little boxes or a little assumption that we associate with that

i'm in an identity on my own
and i'm try to figure it out
how i'm supposed to behave and act in society

the day we stop putting people and categorizing people into boxes that they don't fit in
that is when we saw this notion of an oppression

religion does not oppressed me
my belief does not oppressed me
it is these preconceived notions and judgements
that you bring to the table
that make me oppressed and make me lose my confidence
as an individual

so let's forget about all these narratives
and let's get to know one another
let's start to talk about the personal

Thank you

-Ayesha Haq-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQqhl-Fjwk

Komentar

Postingan Populer